Friday, March 25, 2011

Bondage to Unforgiveness.... of ourselves.

This is a little something that God is sharing with me and teaching me through this journey of Breaking Free!
Is it not true that we as woman have the ability to hold back forgiveness from ourselves more than anyone else in our lives?  We somehow feel that we don’t deserve to be forgiven but most of us are quite willing to forgive others.  Why is this so hard for us?  Why do we let Satan grab ahold of us and keep us bound to our sins as if we will never recover from them.  What would happen if we actually let God forgive us and actually forgave ourselves?  Yes, I said let God forgive us…  When we aren’t able to forgive ourselves aren’t we holding back from God's forgiveness with the thoughts that “oh no we can’t forgive this… I will never get over this… What I have done is too terrible to forgive myself for.”  We need to stop believing these lies and let God heal us!  You know what will happen when we let go of holding on to our sins and start forgiving ourselves…  We might actually heal and God will get to use us in ways we could never imagine while in our bondage.  I don’t know about you but I’m going to start forgiving myself and giving myself the same grace that I extend so readily to everyone else

1 comment:

Batyah, Daughter of God said...

SO true Lola. Thanks for sharing. I know this was a powerful truth for me. When I forgave myself and let myself "off the hook" for not being perfect...then I was able to release others of the same offense. Let's all put this truth in our right hand!