Monday, March 14, 2011

From someone who knows about hurts~

"Sometimes God allows what he hates...to accomplish what he loves." from "The God I Love" by Joni Eareckson Tada.

3 comments:

Carol Carey said...

This is so true! I am struggling with the fact that I betrayed my husband and family, for so long. (betrayal is not a label I ever identified with before) I KNOW that Christ forgives me and my family has given me grace and they forgive me. I have just finished day 4 in week 5....I am faced with the fact that I caused so much pain and while I too was betrayed by a trusting adult when I was a child, I turned around and SELFISHLY caused so much pain. I have forgiven my abuser and my family has forgiven me..why is it so hard to forgive myself?

God, please continue to reveal your blessings through this study. Please allow my eyes and heart to accept all you have to teach me and please let me be open to your healing powers. I love You and am grateful to You for all my many, beautiful blessings.

Batyah, Daughter of God said...

Thanks for sharing Carol. You're on the right track for a powerful healing encounter with your Abba Elohim.

iteachesl said...

With a godly pride, not my yucky kind of pride - I can say I got caught up while I was in Arizona and traveling home. I'm anxious to tell you the sweet story about my runny nose come Sunday. 'Betcha can't wait. (Okay, maybe you can - hee hee) If it's not a hole in my pants, it a runny nose. God uses the strangest things to teach me.

See you all soon,
S